On Wednesday (Sept. 7), Forbes unveiled its “Hip Hop Cash Kings 2016” list, and Diddy tops the No. 1 spot for the second year in a row, earning a whopping $62 million.
Along with his many business ventures, Diddy’s cash flow came this year with his Bad Boy Reunion Tour last week and releasing a short-film as part of his new Ciroc vodka campaign.
The Jiggaman didn’t have such a bad year either, as Jay Z raked in $53.5 million, holding down the No. 2 spot, and Dr. Dre claimed the No. 3 spot with $41 million following the success of the 2015 N.W.A biopic Straight Outta Compton. Also on the list as top cash kings were Drake, Wiz Khalifa and Nicki Minaj.
Dr. Dre held the top spot back in 2014, but since then Puff has claimed the crown as big dog on the hip hop block with a $62 million this year, and now Dre is pushed down to the #3 spot. Drake rounds out #4 after earning $38.5 million.
In order to be featured, artists’ “pretax income from touring, record sales, streaming, publishing, merchandise sales, endorsements and other business ventures” are reviewed and the list is then compiled, according to Forbes.com. For a full breakdown of hip hop dollars and cents, check out the full list below.
20. Rick Ross ($10 million)(tie)
20. Ludacris ($10 million)(tie)
19. Swizz Beatz ($10.5 million)
18. Eminem ($11 million)
17. Snoop Dogg ($12.5 million)
14. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ($14 million) (tie)
14. Lil Wayne ($14 million) (tie)
14. J. Cole ($14 million) (tie)
13. A$AP Rocky ($14.5 million)
12. DJ Khaled ($15 million)
11. Kanye West ($17.5 million)
10. Birdman ($18 million)
9. Kendrick Lamar ($18.5 million)
8. Pharrell ($19.5 million)
7. Pitbull ($20 million)
6. Nicki Minaj ($20.5 million)
5. Wiz Khalifa ($24 million)
4. Drake ($38.5 million)
3. Dr. Dre ($41 million)
2. Jay Z ($53.5 million)
1. Puff Daddy ($62 million)