Home THE GRIP REPORT Funkmaster Flex claps back to Drake’s diss at Madison Square Garden

Funkmaster Flex claps back to Drake’s diss at Madison Square Garden


Drake drew first blood during a freestyle at his and Future’s “Summer Sixteen” tour stop Thursday night at Madison Square Garden, accusing Hot 97 of  “tellin’ lies” about him and called for the New York hip-hop radio station to “fire Funk Flex.”

“You see, they tellin’ lies on Hot 97, that’s how it goes / I told ‘em fire Funk Flex and then I’ll come and do your show / Plus me and Kanye, we just left out the studio / My first night in the Garden, I’m feeling like D. Rose,” he rapped, eventually bringing out the new Knicks signee the following night.

After catching wind of Drake’s diss, Flex took to Twitter to announce that he would respond on air with “a story to tell.”

Flex’s first bomb was telling Drake on-air that “70 percent of your fans wear high heels. The other 30% are guys who wear sandals.”

Dropping bombs like Baghdad, he rejected Drake’s belief in his position as a top five emcee, saying the the top five is inclusive only to those who writer their own lyrics.

Flex then touched on the controversy that led to all of the ghostwriting suspicions about Drake from the giddy-up. He claims that Drake leaked a track for his verse on Meek Mill’s “R.I.C.O.,” saying that Drake did leaked it because Meek’s camp suspected him of sneak dissing Meek in the “R.I.C.O.” lyrics.

During the rant, Flex further question Drake’s pen game and told about a fight between Drake and Diddy that left the OVO rapper’s arm in a sling.

Addressing Drake’s current tour with Future, Flex said, “I wanna tell you something, Drizzy. Tonight, when Future comes out on that stage, you gon’ give him that bag of money. You know why? Because you need him to be street. You need him on that tour.”

Check the rant below to hear her the fire shots.

Subscribe For Latest News, Updates & Contest/Giveaways