TDE’s SZA has all the reason to celebrate, as she has made her highest debut on the Billboard charts thus far.
CTRL has sold 60,000, placing her just behind her TDE label mate Kendrick Lamar and Katy Perry. Out of the 60,000 units sold, 25,000 of that is actual album sales with the rest being from streaming. Previously, SZA’s 2014 project Z debut modestly at #39 on the Billboard charts.
Congratulations to SZA who’s #BlackGirlMagic and star power is on the rise! This past spring, she blessed fans with not only the long awaited collaboration track with Travis Scott but also the video for “Love Galore.”
The Nabil-directed video comes three months after the Top Dawg Entertainment artist released “Drew Barrymore.” Both tracks are set to appear on SZA’s forthcoming CTRL album.
“Love Galore,” produced by thankgod4cody and Carter Lang, first previewed at a New York City show in January. During the show, SZA also addressed the album’s delay, taking the blame for the continued pushback as she told the crowd, “I’ve been taking long as fuck to make an album.”
Take a look at the rest of the Top 10 on the Billboard 200 below.
- Katy Perry – Witness (180,000 album sales)
- Kendrick Lamar – DAMN. (69,000)
- SZA – CTRL (60,000)
- Lady Antebellum – Heart Break (53,000)
- Drake – More Life (41,000)
- Ed Sheeran – Divide (41,000)
- Halsey – Hopeless Fountain Kingdom (33,000)
- Bruno Mars – 24K Magic (33,000)
- Rise Against – Wolves (29,000)
- Post Malone – Stoney (29,000)
Follow us on Twitter and Instagram @gripmagonline @bykeenarenee